Aaron and I make smoothies for breakfast a lot! It’s an easy way to get a bunch of fruit (and veggies, if your into putting spinach in your smoothies). It’s also fun to experiment with different fruits and flavor combinations. AND smoothies are a very refreshing post run snack.
So, without further ado, today I’m going to share a quick recipe on one of my favorite smoothies.
Nutty Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 3-4 tbs. flax
- 1 tbs. natural peanut butter
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or more, depends on how thick you like your smoothie, I like mine a little thicker).
- (handful of spinach if desired)
- Place frozen bananas, frozen raspberries, flax, and peanut butter into blender.
- Pour almond over frozen fruit and blend until smooth.
- Pour into cup, drink, and enjoy!
See how easy smoothies are?!
We have an individual smoothie blender, but it’s kind of broken. It leaks and just makes a mess. So we generally use our larger ninja blender. One of these days I’d like to get a magic bullet or something similar so I can make smaller smoothies with less of a mess.
Do you have any suggestions on good single serve blenders? Let me know!
Don’t forget to give this post a thumbs up and follow Lutheran Runner at lutheranrunner.com 🙂